Our experts are ready to help
Is This Gun Legal?
- You must be 18 or older to purchase a rifle or shotgun and 21 or older to purchase a handgun.
- You are responsible for compliance to your local and state laws.
- Be aware of restrictions on extended magazines and certain types of AR-15 style rifles.
- Buying a suppressor? Get more info on Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Buy Ammo Online
- All ammunition will be shipped FedEx or UPS ground; no air freight allowed.
- Ammunition and firearms must be shipped separately.
- Always make sure you order the correct ammunition for your specific firearm.
- Federal law requires that you must be at least 18 years old to purchase shotgun and rifle ammunition and 21 years or older to purchase handgun ammo.
- Check your state and local laws for any other restrictions before ordering.
- ALL SALES FINAL ON AMMO ORDERS: Cancellations and Returns are NOT Allowed
- Why can't I use PayPal?
- Can I return a firearm?
- How do I know if a product is in stock?
- The item I want is out of stock. What do I do now?
- I checkout and item in my cart was no available.
- Do you allow Cashier's Checks or Money Orders?
- How do I return something I purchased?
- How long does it take for me to get a refund?
- Can I buy a firearm online?
- Can you ship a firearm to my house?
- What is an FFL?
- Do I have to contact the FFL dealer?
- Do I have to fill out a background check?
- How will I know when my gun is ready to be picked up?
- How do I track my package?
- Do you ship outside of the U.S.?
- Received tracking number, carrier's website said tracking was not found.
- I chose an expedited shipping method for my firearm, but it still hasn't shipped.
- Can I change the address on a package that has already been shipped?
- Will my package(s) require a signature for delivery?
We do not accept PayPal as a method of payment, due to PayPal’s policy restricting firearm-related transactions.
You can return any firearm to us provided that you haven’t picked it up from your dealer.
While the firearm is still in the possession of your dealer, please inspect the firearm thoroughly to ensure that there are no visible defects. If you notice anything out of the ordinary, please contact us before picking up the firearm from your dealer. We can arrange to have it returned to us, and upon delivery and careful inspection of the firearm, we will provide you with your choice of either a replacement, if available, or a refund of the firearm.
Return shipping costs and/or restocking fees may be deducted from your refund depending on the reason for return.
The inventory and availability of products on discountfirearmsdealer.com is real-time and reflects what is in stock at the moment. Once a product is out of stock, the “Add to Cart” option will no longer be available.
We are very sorry that the item you need is out of stock. On the item page, next to the product photo, there is a link that says “Notify Me When Available”. If you click on that link, you will see a popup that will let you add your email address to our notification list. When that item becomes available you will receive an automated email letting you know that your item is available for purchase.
Signing up for the notification list does not hold an item for you, and it does not obligate you to make a purchase so you are welcome to shop around while you wait. Items are available on a ‘first come, first served’ basis, so please make sure that you place your order quickly.
I tried to checkout and the item in my cart was no longer available. What happened?
We are sorry that you were not able to complete your order. The inventory and availability of products on discountfirearmsdealer.com is real-time and reflects what is in stock at that moment. Placing an item in your shopping cart does not guarantee that item for you, until you have completed the checkout process. Until checkout is complete, another customer may purchase the item even if it is in your cart.
No. At this time Sportsman’s Outdoor Superstore does not accept Cashier’s Checks or Money Orders.
Most new, unopened items shipped and sold by Discount Firearms Dealer may be returned within 30 days of delivery for a full refund of the product. Items must be returned in new condition and in the original product packaging.
- Contact us ( send ) us an email: email@example.com
- We will provide you with a pre-paid FedEx label to return the package to us.
- Please do not place shipping labels on the item’s original packaging. When sending the item back, place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Products must be in new condition, in the original box and/or packaging, and must include all blank warranty cards, manuals, and accessories.
- Return shipping costs may be deducted from your refund depending on the reason for return.
Refunds will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper; however, in many cases you will receive your refund more quickly.
This time period includes the transit time for us to receive the return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes for us to process your return once it has been delivered back to us (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes for your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
Yes, you can purchase a firearm online just like any other product. The only difference is that we cannot ship a firearm directly to you. A firearm must be shipped to a licensed firearms dealer, where you can pick it up.
No, we can not ship a firearm to your house, unless you have an FFL.
An “FFL” is a Federal Firearm License. These licenses are commonly held by gun stores, pawn shops, and sporting goods stores. However, there are also many individuals that hold a FFL.
Yes, you must contact the FFL dealer you’ve chosen to make them aware of the transfer and to make any necessary arrangements for picking up your firearm. It is also recommended that you inquire about any possible transfer fees they may charge.
By not contacting the dealer, there is a higher chance that the dealer will not accept your firearm, or that the dealer will not be available when the package is expected to arrive. If the firearm is returned to us for one of these reasons, additional shipping charges and/or return fees may apply.
Yes, but not through us. Any necessary paperwork and background check is completed between you (the actual buyer/transferee) and the receiving dealer. This is usually done at the time you pick up your firearm.
When first contacting the dealer you’ve chosen, it is recommended that you make arrangements with them to pick up your firearm. When we ship your firearm, we include your contact information in the package. Most dealers will use this information to notify you once the firearm is ready to be picked up.
Some dealers may require extra time before a firearm is ready to be picked up. If you see that the package has been delivered, but you haven’t received a call from the dealer, you may also contact them yourself to inquire when the firearm will be ready.
After an order has shipped, you can find tracking information in your order details by checking your email. Once your package has shipped, there will be a tracking number available that you can use on the FedEx, USPS or other website, depending on which carrier shipped your package.
Yes, we offer shipping outside United States.
I just received my tracking number, but the carrier’s website said the tracking number was not found. What happened?
Once we have processed your shipping label, and until the package has been scanned by the shipping carrier, there may be a delay before you start seeing tracking details. This may take up to 24 hours to update on the carrier’s website.
I chose an expedited shipping method for my firearm, but it still hasn’t shipped. Why is that?
There are a few factors that may delay the shipment of a firearm. These include, but are not limited to:
- Whether we have the receiving dealer’s Federal Firearms License (FFL) on file, or if we need to obtain that from them
- Receiving proper credentials for law enforcement firearm purchases
- “Non-compliant” firearms being shipped to a state with restrictions (such as California). This may require approval from the receiving dealer and/or additional documentation
Unfortunately, many of the factors that could delay a firearm shipment are out of our control. However, there are a couple things you can do that may minimize the chance of a delay:
- Choosing an FFL dealer from our database. These dealers are on file with us, which means we already have a copy of their FFL.
- Verifying that the firearm you want to purchase is legal in your city or state. Even if you choose an FFL dealer from our database, this doesn’t guarantee that we have the additional, relevant documentation required for “non-compliant” firearms. There may be additional paperwork required that is unique to each purchase, or documentation that the FFL dealer has to send to us.
If your package contains a firearm and has already been shipped, the shipping address cannot be changed. To change the shipping address on an eligible package, there is a $50 fee per package.
Packages that contain $350 or more of merchandise may require a signature; otherwise, it is generally up to the driver’s discretion to determine whether a signature is required. All packages containing a firearm will always require an adult signature. After three delivery attempts, the package will be returned to us.